Magnolia

Magnolia

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Twenty Five Things About Me

25 Things About Me You Probably Don't Know

  1. For 7 years I held a license to carry a concealed handgun in Texas.
  2. I’m allergic to Penicillin and Cipro. Good thing I’m healthy.
  3. I once hit a fantastic golf shot onto the green to within 4 feet of the cup from 190 yards out in front of Ben Hogan.
  4. I got Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon’’s autographs when they were filming Some Like It Hot. Wish I still had them.
  5. When I got my divorce after 25 years of marriage, I took my maiden name back.
  6. My first job while in high school was gift wrapping Christmas presents at the local department store, spending every dime of my pay on my Mom's presents.
  7. I was caught shoplifting Barbie clothes when I was 8. Never did it again.
  8. As a child, I had a blast trying to catch grunion on the beach in Coronado.
  9. I have over 257 different Nolan Ryan baseball cards. I went to Cooperstown when he was inducted in to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
  10. I don’t have a favorite food.
  11. On my first trip to Kauai, I did the helicopter tour. Best $135 I ever spent.
  12. Toughest interview in my life was the one for my State Dept job.
  13. I have too many "Best Day of My Life" to list.
  14. The day I hated being a grown up most was the day I had to put my cat, Brandy, to sleep.
  15. I have experienced love at first sight and it’s magnificent.
  16. No one believes me when they find out how old I am.
  17. One day, I WILL live near my grandchildren.
  18. I’m bilingual and love to keep it a secret sometimes and listen to what they are saying about me.
  19. The thing(s) I’m the most proud of is what great adults my children are.
  20. I will never try oysters or escargot.
  21. When I was 6 years old, I entered a contest to name the San Diego Zoo’s new moose. I sent in “Foghorn” and won a Shirley Temple doll.
  22. I have climbed up to the flame in the Statue of Liberty.
  23. I’m writing a book…the outline is nearly done.
  24. I would love to earn a living at photography.
  25. I do want to be married again…who wants to grow old alone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean people actually caught grunnion. To me it was always a "watching the sumarine races" type of a thing.

Debi said...

HA...Chick, the grunions were a blast to catch. If you wanted to watch the submarine races, you had to go to the north side of the island and view the races in the San Diego bay!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I've been popping around FSO blogs, and happened to see that you're in Honduras. I spent a couple of months there in December, and found it both amazing and exhausting.

Should you need to ever get away from Tegus, and want to do something relaxing, head to La Ceiba and stay at the Omega Lodge (http://www.omegatours.info/). The Bamboo and Beauty View cabins are around $75-100 a night, but you won't regret it--completely gorgeous, and huge (two double beds and a futon couch), so doable with a group. It's in the jungle, but really nice, with great (and relatively cheap) food.

Debi said...

La Ceiba is on my List of Places. I'll check out the Omega Lodge. Loved Tela! Glad you ran across my blog...come back soon!