Magnolia

Magnolia

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cause for Celebration!


I went to the store today with Sally to get some of my favorite hearts of Romaine lettuce. You know, the ones packagd 3 to a bag all sealed and nice...and that come from the U.S. so I don't have to do the clorox bleach soak thing. We were cruising the aisles of one of the stores that usually carries American products (for a pretty price, I must add) and what do I see, and am totally blown away by seeing??? It's only my favorite non carbonated drink...the one I was introduced to by my son on one of my visits to Kauai...it was Arizona Tea's Arnold Palmer Lite Half Lemonade/Half Iced Tea!!!!! I stopped in my tracks and my jaw dropped!! The only place I've EVER found this was on Kauai. Not in Foat Wuuth. Not in Washington DC. I had to come all the way to Tegucigalpa, Honduras, in my little store, Mas Por Menos, to find my favorite drink!! When you see something in the stores here that you like, you darned well better buy it cuz it may never return! I bought all 6 cans! I will covet those cans and drink them only on special occasions. And since I found them today, that constitutes a very Special Occasion!

OK...a final word. No, I've not gone nuts living here. You just have to understand that sometimes when you see something that you love and you just can't find any more...and when you finally see it...that's a real reason to celebrate! Now...where can I find Jujubes!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE WORK!!! That's a long way to go for a little Arnold Palmer...

Keep an eye on your mailbox...
:)

Debi said...

No kidding! Who'd a thunk I would find them here??? Getting mail right now is my most favorite thing! Love you!

La Gringa said...

I know that feeling well. It is to be treasured!

Debi said...

Now, if I could only find a place to buy some black licorice, Good Season's Italian Salad Dressing mix, decent fresh celery and a good chuck roast...life would be grand!!