Magnolia

Magnolia

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Construction, Honduran Style

Look closely at the picture to the left. You can click on it for a larger version. This construction site is across the street from Paiz, one of the grocery stores where I shop on a weekly basis. The progress has been slow and yesterday when I went with Sally, we both had to laugh...once again. But this time I had my camera!! The building is constructed of cement blocks and just look at how they are transporting the blocks to the upper floor. At the top of the building is a worker who has constructed a pulley and the guy at the bottom (still laughing about this) ties 1 brick at a time to the rope and the guy at the top pulls it up.

And people wonder why things happen so slowly here! To my friend Barry...you're an engineer....do something!!! Maybe it's job security or something but I'm sure that building will still be under construction when I leave here in May of 2010!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

A more frightening image is when they are constructing smaller buildings, and THROW the bricks to each other. :)

Glad you're reading my blog...I enjoy yours! AND, if you have connections to help me at least get an interview at the PCO, it would be greatly appreciated, hahaha.

Debi said...

Ahh...I wish I could! Just be persistent and don't wait for them to call you. Be proactive! And if my friend and I had seen them throwing the bricks up AND been lucky enough to snap a shot..everyone would have said it was fake!! Tooo funny!! This was taken across the parking lot of Price Smart...I'm sure you've watched this construction too...

Unknown said...

LOL, this is terribly hilarious!

Debi said...

Aaron, check back soon. I plan on posting pictures of the topiary that goes on here! They love their Fee-coos (ficus) trees so much they turn them into basket shapes, trailing them together like chains, pyramids...you name it! Now that I finally have my car, I'll be out and about...let the fun begin!