Magnolia

Magnolia

Saturday, May 07, 2005

It's A Wonderful Life

Life is full of surprises. I think we all love them. Finding a $20 bill in the bottom of your washing machine. Finding a $20 bill in the bottom of the washing machine at a laundromat...even better! Getting a raise (which, by the way, I did today!). Having your birthday remembered by someone you'd forgotten about. Finding out you and your husband are having your first child.

Recently, I received a most wonderful surprise. While I was at work, my son, Bobby, called. He asked me if I was sitting down. (Do you have any idea how many things go through your mind when someone asks you that question??) With the very slightest hesitation, he told me he had asked his girlfriend to be his wife and she had said yes. There was something in his voice that I had never heard before. I'm not sure what it was, but there was definately something different. Perhaps it was the words...words he had never spoken. Mom, I'm getting married.

So now, when I go to visit him June 23rd, I'm not only going to visit my son, but I'm going to meet my soon to be daughter-in-law and her family. I'll celebrate my birthday with them. We'll celebrate the 4th of July. It will be a glorious 2 weeks.

The tentative date they've set for their wedding is December 18th. My daughter will be in Tokyo by then and has said she is going to try to fly to Hawaii for her brother's wedding. I can't think of a better place to be with the 2 people that I love more than anything else than Hawaii. And on the occasion of Bobby and Nicole's wedding. Can you imagine...going to Hawaii twice in 6 months?

Life is truly wonderful.

No comments: