Magnolia

Magnolia

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Change, Reunions and Travel

2005…a year of change, travel and reunions.

My adaughter is in the Foreign Service and has been in Angola for the last 2 years. Her next post will be Tokyo and she is so excited about it! She was there for a few months about 3 years ago and is looking forward to being there for the next 2 years.

My son lives on Kauai. I know…I’m jealous too! Recently, he got his real estate license and has embarked on a career in real estate sales on Kauai...well, probably all of Hawaii. I'm not sure. He has the gift of gab and I’m sure will have no problem selling those multi-million dollar properties!

As for the travel…that applies to me. In June, I fly off to Hawaii to spend 2 weeks with my son. The last time I was there was 1998 and way too much time has passed since I last cruised the streets of Kauai, finding red dirt , sugar cane and pineapple fields. I can’t wait. For Christmas, my daughter gave me 2 books. One was an introduction to Japanese and the other was a tour book of Tokyo…with a darling certificate that entitled the bearer (me!) to a flight to Tokyo in the Spring of 2006! What terrific kids I have…

No comments: